Eve Surname Pages|
USA STATES - "T"
Strand 1 - Paul F Eve
Paul Fitzsimmons Eve was born on the 27th June, 1806 in Georgia. He died on the 3rd Nov.1877 in Tennessee. His father was Oswell Eve jnr. See tree of Oswell Eve
Tree of Oswell Eve
He married twice
- Louisa Twiggs. He married on the 16th Dec 1832 in Richmond County, Georgia. She died on the 10th April 1851.
- Sarah Ann Duncan - He married Sarah on "Tuesday morning, 13th Jan. 1853 in Barnwell District", by the Rev. H. D. Duncan who was the father of the bride.
He had the following children.
- George Twiggs Eve (19) - He was born on the 3rd April 1835. He married Jennie Sutherland on the 6th May 1869. Jennie Sutherland was born on the 2nd March 1844. She died on the 16th May 1924.
- Anna Louise Eve - born about 1838. She married Col W K Stevenson.. They had three children, Paul Eve Stevenson, Maxwell Stevenson and a daughter who married James Kernighan.
- Dr Duncan Eve (20) - He was born in 1853 and died in 1957.He married Alice Horton on the1st Nov 1876.
- Paul F. Eve (21) - born 1857, he married Jennie W. Brown. They maried on the 15 Apr 1884.
- Sarah Eve - born about 1860. She married Edward Drane
A biographical extract from the The Twentieth Century Biographical Dictionary of Notable Americans: Volume IV is reproduced below:
EVE, Paul Fitzsimmons, surgeon, was born in Richmond county, Ga., June 27, 1806; son of Oswell and Aphra Ann Eve; and a cousin of Dr. Joseph Adams Eve, professor of obstetrics in the Georgia medical college, Augusta. Paul was graduated at Franklin college (University of Georgia) in 1826, and from the medical department of the University of Pennsylvania in 1828. He was in Europe, 1828-31, and besides hospital practice in Paris and London served as ambulance surgeon in the French revolution of 1830, and as regimental surgeon in the insurrectionary war in Poland the same year. He was elected professor of surgery in the Medical college of Georgia at its organization in 1832, in Augusta, and served until 1849. He succeeded Prof. S. D. Gross to the chair of surgery in the University of Louisville in 1849, and in 1850 became professor of surgery in the newly established University of Nashville. He removed to St. Louis, Mo., in 1868, to accept the chair of surgery in the University off Missouri, but was obliged to resign for climatic causes. He filled the chair of operative and clinical surgery in the University of Nashville until 1877, when he became professor of surgery in the Nashville medical college. He was made surgeon-general of the Confederate army in 1861, and served on the medical examination board and with the army in the battles of Shiloh and Columbus, and at Atlanta and Augusta. His reputation as a surgeon was world-wide, and he introduced methods never before known to surgical science in America. He was president of the American medical association in 1857 and of the Tennessee state medical society in 1870. He edited the Southern Medical and Surgical Journal and the Nashville Medical and Surgical Journal. Among his six hundred articles published in book form, pamphlets or in medical journals, are: Remarkable Cases in Surgery (1857); One Hundred Cases of Lithotomy in the Transactions of the American medical association for 1870; What the South and West have done for American Surgery; and reports of twenty amputations and thirteen resections at the hip-joint performed by Confederate surgeons, contributed to the Medical History of the War. He died in Nashville, Tenn., Nov. 3, 1877.
Paul F Eve - 398th District 3rd Ward, Richmond County GAn page number 280.
The listing show the following. Paul F Eve age 54 born Georgia. His occupation is given as Professor of Surgery. Real estate value $56,000. Personal property value $50,000. Also listed are;
- Sarah J Eve - age 37 born South Carolina?
- Sara Louisa Eve - age 18 born Georgia
- Duncan Eve - age 7 born Georgia
- Sarah A Eve - age 5 born Tennessee
- Paul F Eve - age 2 born Tennessee
- Oswald B Eve - aged 4 months born Tennessee
Sarah Ann Eve - The listing shows Sarah Ann Eve age 56 living in the 5th ward, Nashville. She is listed as 56 years old a widow, born South Carolina. Also living at the same address are;
George T Eve - Listing shows George Twiggs Eve living in the 14th ward, Nashville. He is listed as 45 years old born in Georgia. In 1880 he was working as a receiving clerk for the railroad. Also listed are;
- Duncan Eve - son age 27 born Georgia. He was a physician
- Alice Eve - daughter in laws age 25 born Tennessee
- Bessie Eve - grand daughter age 3 born Tennessee
- Paul F Eve - son age 33 born Georgia. He was a physician. Single
Tennessee 1891 Male Voters
- Jennie Eve - wife age 36 born Tennessee.
- Louise Eve - daughter age 8 born Tennessee
- Paul F E Eve - son age 5 born Tennessee
- Aphra A Eve - daughter age 3 born Tennessee
- George T(wiggs) Eve - 9 Ward, Davidson County TN. Page 521.
The following unlinked EVE listings are present
Robert Eve - Listing shows Robert Eve living in Nashville. He is listed as 58 years old born in Canada of English parents. In 1880 he was married and was a hotel keeper. His wife, Mary Eve, is also listed as being 57 years old born in Tennessee. Her parents were born in Virginia. Children listed are;
See listing below for the 1900 census which records Mary Eve.
Mary J. Eve - Listed as living on North High Street, 6 Ward Nashville, Davidson County. She was born in January 1827 in Tennessee. Her parents were born in Virginia. In 1900 she is listed as being a widow. She had 5 children 2 of whom were alive in 1900. She is listed as living as a boarder at the home of Joseph Yoober. Also living at the same address is Charles Eve - born Tennessee April 1858. His father was born in Canada. He is listed as being a widower and working as a druggist.
Horras Eve - Listed as living in Dales Avenue, 9 Ward, Knoxville, Knox County. He was born in May 1876 in Tennessee. His parents were also born in Tennessee. He married Branwen? in about 1893. Branwen was born in May 1869 in Tennessee. Her parents were also born in Tennessee. They had two children;
- John Eve - son age 27, single born Tennessee working as a clerk in hotel
- Charles Eve - son age 22, single born Tennessee working as a teacher
- Robert Eve - son age 21, single born Tennessee working as clerk in hotel
John Eve - Listed as living in Memphis, Shelby County. He is listed as being age 24 years old, coloured and born in South Carolina. In 1920 he was single and working as a doctor at the Wilden ? Hospital. NB he may be the son of John Eve - See South Carolina pages 1900 census;
John Eve - 1900 Census - South Carolina
Denkin Eve ? - Listed as an "inmate" of the City View Sanitarium in Nashville. he is listed as 76 years old born in Tennessee. He is described as married.
Walter Eve - Listed as living in District 2, Grainger County. He was 25 years old born in Tennessee. He was working as a farmer. He married in about 1926. Also listed;
- Clara May Eve -Born July 1895.
- Viola R Eve - Born March 1898
Social Security Deaths
- Virgie Eve - wife, age 20. Born Tennessee.
- Mildred Eve - daughter, age 3
- Lloyd M Eve - son, age 8 months
- Louise Eve - born 29th June 1890. Died Feb 1984, Nashville, Davidson, TN.
The following current listings are present.
- NASHVILLE TN x 2
- MARYVILLE TN
- KNOXVILLE TN
- HARRIMAN TN
- MURFREESBORO TN
- LOUISVILLE TN
Strand 1 - Tree of Joseph Eve - Kentucky
The earliest EVE references in Texas relate to Joseph & Betsy Eve.
Joseph Eve was the USA charge d'affaires to the Republic of Texas appointed by the USA government in April 1841. He died in Galveston in mid-June 1843 and was buried there.
His wife Elizabeth (Betsy) Withers Eve (nee Ballinger) is listed in the Texas census for the years between 1850 to 1880. Joseph and Elizabeth Eve had no children.
- Mrs E W Eve - Galveston City, Galveston County TX. Page number 262, index number TXS7a1646649. Also listed in the salve census, page 482. The census listing shows Mrs E W Eve aged 55 years born in Kentucky.
- B W Eve - Galveston County TX. Page number 390 Galveston Slave schedule. The listing shows 5 slaves - 4 female and 1 male.
- Betsy W Eve - 7 W. Galveston, Galveston County TX. Page number 124. Betsy W Eve is listed a being 84 years old and a widow. She was born Kentucky. Mother and father born Virginia. Also living at the same address are;
- William Brown aged 35 - servant - born Alabama. parents also born Alabama
- Henry Hagger age 26 - labourer - born Pennsylvania - parents also born Pennsylvania
Further details of the ancestors of Joseph and Betsy Eve can be found by clicking on the link below.
Tree of Joseph Eve - Virignia & Kentucky
Strand 2 - Tree of Oswell Eve
Joseph Clark Eve was born about 1835. He died between 1880 & 1885 San Marcos in Texas. He was the son of Joseph Clark Eve - see tree of Oswell Eve. Georgia pages..
He married Anne B Pearsall. Census records show her being lists her being born in Alabama in about 1838.
They had the following children.
- Charles Davies Eve - born about 1870. He is buried San Marcos Texas
- Edward Pearsall Eve - Born 28th April 1873.. He had two children Joseph E Eve born1908 and Mark Oage Eve born 1912.
- Thomasella NIna Eve - born about 1874 (married name Via). She died in Colombus, Colorado Co Texas
- Robert Dunlap Eve - born about 1877. He is buried San Marcos Texas
The 1880 census for Hays County gives the following details.
- Joseph C Eve listed as County Surveyor. His wife Annie is listed as keeping house. They must have moved to Texas from Georgia between 1874 and 1878 given the place of birth of their children.
Click on the link below for details of Joseph Clark Eve's ancestors
Tree of Oswell Eve - Joseph Clark Eve
Also listed in Texas is Emma H Eve sister of Joseph Clark. Click link below for details.
Tree of Oswell Eve - Emma H Eve
The following unlinked EVE listings are present
Louiza Eve - Number 2 Precinct , Gonzales County TX. Page number 417. the listing shows Louiza Eve age 45 a cook. She is described as black. Birthplace is unknown.
John Eve - Chambers County TX. Page 260. John Eve is listed as being 45 years old. Occupation given as sailor. Born Austria. His parents were also born in Austria.
Also listed are.
Mary Eve - Mc Lennan County - E. D. 113 - page 197. Mary Eve is listed as being 60 years old. Keeping house a widow and of mixed race - born Virginia - father birth place unknown - mother born Virginia. Also listed are
- Amelia Eve - age 33 wife - born Louisiana - father born Switzerland - mother born Louisiana
- Cora Eve age 8 - daughter - born Louisiana - father Austrian - mother Louisiana
- Oliver La? age 19 - boarder - sailor - born Louisiana.
- Annie Leonard - age 19 - ward - Louisiana - father england - mother ireland
- Rufus Bettism - age 26 servant - farmhand - Louisiana
- Minnie Bettism - age 19 servant - born Louisiana
- Emaline Eve - age 8 black - grand child - born Texas - father unknown - mother Mississippi
- W S Eve - age 9 male mixed race - grand child - born Texas - father unknown - mother virginia
Ed Eve - Listed as living in 1 Precinct North of Railroad, Hays County, Texas. He was living as a boarder with the Starkey family. He was born in July 1871 in Texas. His parents were born in Alabama. In 1900 he was single working as a farm labourer.
John Eve - Listed as living in 8th Justice Precinct, Galveston County, Texas. He was born in May 1838 in Austria? He came to the US in 1854. He married Amelia in about 1862. She was born in June 1847. They had three children. None were living in 1900. In 1900 he is listed as being a boatman.
John S Eve - Listed as lvving in Dallas. He is listed as 66 years old born in Tennessee. His parents were born in the US. His occupation is given as a carpenter. Also listed are;
John Eve may be linked to the family of Robert Eve who is listed in the 1880 Tennessee census.
John Eve - Listed as living on the Bolivar Peninsula, Galveston County. He is listed as aged 81 years old. Birthplace given as New York. Parents were born in Austria. Also listed is his wife Amelia Eve, age 72 years born Louisiana. See listings in the 1900 & 1880 census above.
Social Security Death Records
- Mary Eve - wife, age 50. She was born in Alabama
- Roy Eve - son, age 27. Born born texas. Occupation given as auto mechanic.
- Frank Eve - Born 2 June 1935. Died Oct 1991. He lived in Wichita Falls, Wichita, TX. There may be links with Montana before 1951.
- Herbert Eve - Born 28 Feb 1906. Died Feb 1974. He lived in Abilene, Taylor, TX. Links with Colorado before 1951.
- James Eve - Born 6 July 1929 .Died Aug 1977. He lived in Dallas, TX. There may be links with Ohio before 1951.
- Joseph Eve - Born 10 Jan 1908. Died 25 Oct 1992. He lived in San Antonio, Bexar, TX.
- Linda Eve - Born 6 Dec 1924. Died 31 Dec 1997. She lived in Seguin, Guadalupe, TX
- Lois Eve - Born 9 Aug 1909. Died Dec 1980. Lived in San Antonio, Bexar, TX
- Lynette Eve - Born 9 June 1913. Died 22 Sept 1990. Lived in Dallas, TX.
- Robert Eve - Born 18 Nov 1922. Died 1 Dec 1999. Lived in 5 Seguin, Guadalupe, TX. Links with Indiana before 1951.
- Ruth Eve - Born 28 July 1878. Died June 1979. Lived in San Antonio, Bexar, TX.
Listings for the following towns are available.
- HOUSTON TX x 2
- SAN ANTONIO TX x 3
- CORPUS CHRISTI TX x 2
- PORT ARANSAS TX
- AUSTIN TX
- AMARILLO TX x 2
- BAYTOWN TX
- BROWNWOOD TX
- PEARLAND TX
- BLACKWELL TX
- GRAPEVINE TX x 3
- SEGUIN TX
- PFLUGERVILLE TX
- ODESSA TX x 2
- IRVING TX