Eve Surname Pages|
USA STATES - "C"
Family of Amelia Eve
From the 1900 census onwards records are present of the family of Amelia Eve. The family have there roots in Kansas and there may be links to the family of Lilbourne Eve who is in turn linked to the tree of Joseph Eve - Virginia. See links below;
Family of Lilbourne Eve
Family of Joseph EveIn the 1900 census Amelia Eve is listed as living at 24 Bradford, Pueblo City with her three children. She was born in June 1848 in North Carolina (age 51 in 1900). The birthplace of her mother and father are not stated. Based on the census entry she was married in 1880 having had 16? children, 9 of whom were living at the time the census was taken. At home in 1900 were;
- Lincoln Eve 1 - Born July 1881 in Kansas. His occupation is recorded as being a brick molder.
- Henry Eve 2 - Born April 1880. He was also born in Kansas. His occupation is recorded as a brick molder.
Lincoln Eve 1 - He was born in July 1881 in Kansas. In the 1900 census he was living in Pueblo working as a brick molder. By 1920 he was married with three children. His wife's name was Bernice Gertrude who was born in about 1885 in Colorado. Her father was born in Connecticut, her mother was born in Mississippi. In 1920 Lincoln Eve's occupation was given as a machinist in a brick plant. Lincoln Eve died on the 27th May 1940. An obituary appeared in the Pueblo Chieftain on the 28th May 1940. Bernice Gertrude Eve died on the 19th November 1972. An obituary appeared in the Pueblo Chieftain on the 20th November.
- John Eve 3 - Born February 1882. Born in Kansas. His occupation is also recorded as a being a brick molder.
In the 1930 census the family are living in Pueblo. Listed are;
- Edwin Eve - born 21st Jan 1906. He died in Oct 1987 in Pueblo, Pueblo, Co. He married Johnneye in about 1929.
- Stephanie Theresa Eve - born 30th October 1912. She died on 28th Oct 1996 in Pueblo, Pueblo, Co.
- Lincoln Eve - born on the 16th June 1919. He died in May 1988 in Aurora, Arapahoe, Co
In the 1930 census Edwin Eve appears living in Pueblo. He is listed as 24 years old and married. He was working as a book keeper. Also listed are;
- Lincoln Eve - age 48. Motor mechanic in brick works.
- Bernice G Eve - age 45
- Theresa Eve - age 19. She was working as a secretary for a contracting company.
- Lincoln Eve - age 10
- Merlyn Eve - age 9
Johnnye Eve was born on the 4th November 1903. She died in July 1971 in Pueblo, Pueblo, County.
Henry L Eve 2 - He was born in April 1880 in Kansas. By 1900 he was living in Pueblo working as a brick molder. By 1920 he had married Minnie. There are no records of any children. Minnie was born in Illinois in about 1878. He father was born in Ohio and her mother was born in Virginia. In the 1920 census Henry's parents are listed as being born in Virginia. His birth place is given as Missouri. A Henry L Eve died on the 21st January 1944. Minnie J Eve died on the 2nd May 1954.
In the 1930 census the following listing appears;
- Johnnye Eve - age 26, wife. Born Tennessee. She was working as a stenographer.
Henry L Eve may have had at least one son. See entry for George Eve in the 1920 census below.
John Eve 3 - He was born in February 1882 in Kansas. In 1900 he was in Pueblo working as a being a brick molder. By 1900 he was in Pueblo working as a brick molder. By 1920 he had married Bertha (Belinda). She was born in about 1885 in South Dakota. Her father was Scottish, her mother was born in New York. They had the following children;
- Henry L Eve - age 50. Foreman in brick yard.
- Minnie J Eve - age 51.
- Margaret Eve - age 14
By the 1930 census John Eve had died. His wife Bertha had re-married to Kiegan? The children are listed as follows;
- Herbert C Eve - born about 1907.
- Ruth Eve - born about 1909.
- John Eve - born 7th March 1911. He died in December 1984 in Pueblo, Pueblo, Co
- Lillie Eve - born about 1915
- James Eve - born about 1919
Herbert C Eve appears in the 1930 census for Missouri - see link below
Herbert C Eve - 1930 Census
- Herbert Eve - age 24, working in a factory.
- John H Eve - age 19 - working as a labourer in the brick works.
- Bertha L Eve - age 15
- James L Eve - age 11
John Eve - Gilpin County CO 014 Bald Mountain Federal Population Schedule CO 1870 Federal Census Index COS7a1646655/656
John Eve - Gilpin County CO, Nevada City page 285. The listing shows John Eve age 33 a miner born in England.
Joseph N Eve- living in Buena Vista, Chafee County with his wife and daughter. He was born in November 1865 in Missouri (age 34 in 1900). The birthplace of his mother and father are given as Kentucky and North Carolina. Based on the census entry he was married in 1893. His occupation is given as an ore miner. His wife Anna Eve was born in October 1861 in Texas (age 38 in 1900). Her parents are from Mississippi. One child is living at home;
Peter Eve - Listed as living in Grand Junction, Mess County. He was listed as age 27 born in Missouri. He was married to Myra who was 19 years old born in Colorado. In 1920 he was working as a mess hand at a sporting institute. In 1920 they had 3 children;
- Hazel Eve - Born April 1894 in Colorado.
George Eve - Listed as living in Pueblo. He was listed as 27 years old born in Kansas. Father was born in Missouri. He married May who was born in about 1896 in Colorado. In the census they are living next door to Henry Eve see about. They are probably part of the same family. In 1920 they had two children;
- Rhoda Eve - age 3 - born Colorado
- Wayne Eve - age 1 - born Colorado
1920May E Eve - Listed as living in Denver. She was listed as 34 years and a widow. She worked as a superintendent in an apartment block. She was the wife of George Eve and is listed in the 1920 census above. Also listed is;
- Margaret Eve - age 3
- E B Eve - daughter aged 5 months
- Elora Bell Eve - age 10 years old, born in Colorado.
The next record relates to a land grant made to John Eve on the 3rd July 1919 relating to land purchased under the 1862 Homestead Acts. The land office was in Pueblo Co. Is this the same as the John Eve listed in the 1900 census.
Social Security Death Records
Details of deaths recorded in Colorado are set out below:
- Louise Eve - b 25 Apr 1915 - died 17 June 1989 in Castle Rock, Co.
- Violet Eve - b 10 Oct 1922 - died 8 July 1997 in Pueblo, Pueblo, Co.
- Joanne Eve - b 20 Nov 1922 - died 5 Nov 1988 in Denver, Adams, Co
Robert V Eve - born 2nd Dec 1921 Kansas - Died Lakewood 12th April 1994.
Publication Date: May 10, 1994
Source: Rocky Mountain News
Robert V Eve, 72, of Lakewood died April 12 at home. Services were April 15 at Olinger's Wadsworth Chapel. Burial was in Crown Hill Cemetery.Mr. Eve was born Dec. 2, 1921, in Blair, Kan. He married Barbara Bond Dec. 13, 1943, in Cheyenne. He was a retired certified public accountant and a life member of the B.P.O.E. 1777 Lakewood Elks. He is survived by one daughter, Cherrie Sawyer of Lakewood; one son, Robert of Lakewood; and four grandchildren.
There are currently 8 EVE's listed in Colorado
- AURORA CO
- ARVADA CO x2
- LITTLETON CO
- PUEBLO CO x2
- SPRINGS CO x2
August Eve - Listed as living in Torrington, Litchfield County. He is listed as being 72 years old born in France. He came to the US in about 1877. He married in about 1877/8.
August Eve - Listed as living in Torrington, Litchfield County. He is listed as being 82 years old born in France. He came to the US in about 1877.
- Catherine Eve - wife age 62. she was born in France and came to the US in 1877.
- Charles Eve - son, age 24. He was born in Connecticut and was working as a machinist.
Charles Eve - Listed as living in Torrington, Litchfield County. He is listed as being 33 years old born in Connecticut. He married in about 1920. His occupation is given as machinist.
- Catherine Eve - wife age 72. she was born in France and came to the US in 1877.
I have only been able to trace two other Eve's with links to this state.
- Helen Eve - wife age 29. She was born in New York. He parents were French.
- Dorothy Eve - daughter age 5.
Edward Armstrong Eve - who was born on 5th Oct 1907 in South Carolina. His place of residence was Gales Ferry, CT. He died in the Veterans Hospital, Brockton, Massachusetts in Oct 1981 aged 74 years. He was a retired Captain in the U.S. Coast Guard. He is descended from Joseph Eve 1760 - 1835. See tree of Oswell Eve.
He married Elizabeth Prentis Avery who was born in 1913. She died in 1994 in California. See California pages
The other EVE relates to a current telephone listing for NORWALK CT.