Eve Surname Pages|
TREE OF RALPH & RICHARD EVE. (1610 TO 1630). THE OCKENDON TREE.
This tree starts with Richard and Ralph Eve who were born in Ockendon.
1 Richard Eve
Richard Eve was born about 1630.
He died in 1689 in Horndon on the Hill.
He married Sara and had the following children;
- Samuel Eve (3) - born about 1650
- Ralph Eve - born about 1659. Died 1701 in Horndon on the Hill.
In 1680 Richard was the church warden in Horton. In the years 1676, 1677, 1681, 1682 and 1687 he was
overseer to the poor.
2 Ralph Eve
Ralph Eve was born in about 1610.
He married Ellin Millbourne in 1631 in Great Dunmow. They had the following children born Great Dunmow.
- Hannah Eve - born 1642
- Jane Eve - born 1645
- Jeffrey Eve - born 1648. He died 1669 at Horndon on the Hill.
- Richard Eve - born 1650. He died 1669 at Horndon on the Hill.
- David Eve - born 1651. He died 1676 in Stock. His will mentions E Millborne.
3 Samuel Eve
Samuel Eve was born about 1650.
He died in 1706 at Horndon on the Hill.
He married Elizabeth Tabor, widow, she died in 1688. He the married Grace White,
a widow, in 1688 in London, She died in 1718 in Mountnessing. She had a son Abraham Wright Eve.
He had the following children.
- Samuel Eve - born 1678 in Chipping Ongar. His mother was Elizabeth Tabor.
- Abraham Wright Eve (4) - born 1683 in Chipping Ongar. His mother was Grace White.
- John Eve (5) - born 1690.
- Sara Eve - born 1695. She married Thomas Mott in 1715 in Langdon Hills.
- Mary Eve - born 1694 in Mountnessing. She married Sam Ackerod in 1714 in Langdon Hills.
- Elizabeth Eve - born 1696.
- Samuel Eve (6) - born 1699.
- Joseph Eve (7) - born 1701.
- Ben Eve - born 1703. He died in 1717 in Mountnessing.
- Isaac Eve (8) - born 1706.
Samuel left a Will as follows:
- To my son John when 21 lands lying in Mountnessing.
- To my child unborn (Isaac) lands unspecified.
- To my son Ben land in Chipping Ongar.
- To my son Samuel, the house in Mountnessing called the "Slow House".
- To my son Joseph land in West Hanningford.
- To my daughters Sara, Mary and Elizabeth, on reaching 21, money.
- To my son Abraham Wright £5 and to mu dear wife the rest of my estate.
In 1705 Samuel was overseer to the poor and the
constable of Horndon. Grace was also from 1707 to 1714.