Eve Surname Pages|
TREE OF ROBERT EVE - BORN 1646 . THE MOUNTNESSING TREE.
The tree starts with Robert Eve who was born in the Dunmow area in 1646. All birth, marriages and deaths
are in Mountnessing unless otherwise stated.
1 Robert Eve
Robert Eve was born in 1646. He died in 1711.
He married Sara. She died in 1723. They had the following children:
- Robert Eve (2) - born 1677.
- Sara Eve - born 1680
- Mary Eve - born 1684. See married Jonathan Eve of the Roxwell in 1707. She died 1750. See the Roxwell tree.
- John Eve (3) - born 1688
- Sara Eve - born 1692. She married Mr Golston?
- Thomas Eve - born 1693. Nothing known after 1711.
- Ralph Eve (4) - born 1696.
Robert, a Thatcher, left a Will as follows;.
- I gove "Howletts" to my wife until son John is 28
- I give Scotts Farm to son Ralph
- I give my house to son Robert
- I give to Thomas and Ralph two fields and "Kettles Hall"
- And to my daughters Sara Golston and Mary Eve goods.
In 1690 Robert had to pay 12 shillings in tithes to Lord Petre. In 1699 there was a rate
made with the consent of the people of Mountnessing by the overseer of the poor whereby Robert paid 1 shilling.
Samuel Eve from the Ockendon tree paid £1 3s 0d.
In 1703 there was a land tax assessment for which he paid £5 4s 0d. Samuel paid £24 12s 0d.
In 1706 the paid tithes of £1 4s 0d for a house and orchard he owned an 14 shillings for John Knights land he rented.
2 Robert Eve
Robert Eve was born in 1677. He died in 1750.
He married Sara. She died in 1751. They had the following children:
- Robert Eve (5) - born 1715.
- John Eve - born 1718 diec 1723.
- Thomas Eve (6)- born 1720.
- Sara Eve - born 1724. She married John Cox in 1747
- John Eve - born 1725 died 1730.
- Mary Eve - born 1729. She married Sam Cox in 1747
- Joseph Eve - born 1730. He died in 1742.
- Adam Eve - born 1734. He died in 1764.
Robert, a yeoman, left a will leaving his estate to his wife Sara, his son Robert and his heirs and to sons
Thomas, Adam and daughter Mary.
3 John Eve
John Eve was born in 1688. He died in 1750.
He married Mary Miller in 1712 in Widford. She died in 1768.
He had the following children.
- Sara Eve - born about 1715. She married William Staines in Barnston in 1752.
- Mary Eve - born 1717. She died in 1720.
- Mary Eve - born 1721. She married John Wralling in 1749.
- Susan Eve - born 1727.
- Robert Eve - born 1729. He died in 1780. He married Ann Staines in 1764. She dies in 1779. There were no children. Robert was a farmer. He left his estate to his nephews and neices with the estate timber being left to William Staines.
- Elizabeth Eve - born 1734. She had two base born girls: Sara born 1759, died 1765 and Elizabeth born 1763, died 1764.
John left a Will which says:
- To my wife Mary "Further Kettles".When she dies ,to daughter . Mary Wrallings. And to my other daughter Sara Staines the same.
- To daughter Elizabeth money.
- To my son Robert my house "Howletts"
- To my two god daughters Mary and Susan Hardcastle £5 each.
4 Ralph Eve
Ralph Eve was born in 1696.
He married Mary Mask in 1727. She died in 1729. They had one sone Joaseph born who died in 1729.
He then had a liaison with Elizabeth Mumford who produced Elizabeth Eve in 1734.
He then married Ann Pickett in 1733 in High Ongar. They had the following children:
- Ann Eve - born 1734 in High Ongar.
- Joseph Eve - born 1738 in High Ongar.
- James Eve - born 1740 in Stock
- Mary Eve - born 1741 in Stock
- Robert Eve (7) - born 1742 in Stock.
- Mary Eve - born 1745.