Eve Surname Pages|
TREE OF JOHN EVE (Born about 1615) FELSTED
23. William Eve
Born 1791 in Bocking. He married first to Ann Tyler in 1812 in Braintree, when she died in 1813 at Braintree he married Cynthia Smith, widow, in 1827 also in Braintree.
In 1824 (before they married) Cynthia swore her child was Fathered by William Eve, a sawyer, and he was ordered to pay her one shilling and ninepence per week maintenance.
He later married her. They had two more children:
- Thomas Eve - born 1827 Bocking. No other details known.
- Ben Eve - born 1831 in Bocking. He was a bachelor and spent at least from 1871 until he died in 1892 in the Braintree Workhouse.
24. Thomas Eve
He was born in 1796 in Bocking. He died there in 1856.
He married Eliza Sparkes in 1821 at Great Yeldham, She died aged 71 in 1868 in Bocking. They had the following children all born in Bocking.
In 1841 they lived in the High Street Braintree, he as a shoemaker, with
Josiah and Alfred as apprentices to him. By 1851 they had moved to
- Thomas Harford Eve born 1823
- Josiah Harford Eve (30) - born 1824
- Thomas Porter Eve - born 1826. He died in 1850 in Billericay in 1841 he was living in Rayleigh.
- Alfred Eve (31) - born 1826
- Eliza Rosa Eve - born 1828. She married in 1 847.
- Amelia Eve - born 1831
- Ezra Ben Eve (32) - born 1836
- Sophie Eve - born 1838.
25. William Eve
Born 1797 in Boreham. He died in 1869 in Great Dunmow. He married Judith Harris in 1819 at Colchester.
She died in 1867 aged 63. They had the following children:
In 1841 the family were living at Hatfield Peverel at 'The Green', he was a plumber. By 1861 William and Judith just had John Fred's daughter Phoebe with them.
- Ann Eve - born 1820 Great Dunmow
- Thomas William Eve - born 1822. Re died in 1871 in Hatfield Peverell.
- William Eve (33) - born 1823
- Sara Eve - born 1 825 at Hatfield Peverel
- John Fred Eve - born 1834
- William Douglas Eve - born 1840. He died in 1854.
26. Charles Eve
Born 1810 in Boreham. He died in 1857 in Boreham. He married Fanny and she died in 1859 Boreham. They had the
In 1841 & 1851 Charles and Fanny were bakers, and when Charles died Fanny carried on
the business for a short time and at the age of 70 was known as a laundress.
- Mary Frances Eve - born 1 842
- Ben Eve - born 1843 and died 1868
- Charles James Eve (35) - born 1846
- Walter Eve - born 1848. He married Mary Ann in 1875.
- Emily Eve - born 1851
- Claude Stanley Eve - born 1857. He died the same year.
27. Ben Eve
He was born in 1805 in Bocking. He died there in 1876,
He married Jemima who died in 1886. They had the following children in Bocking:
In 1841 Ben and his family lived in 'Pasfields Yard' Bocking and he was a mechanic. In 1851 they had moved to Bradford St. West where he was now a Crepe Dresser, In 1861 he became a Silk Dresser, After Jemima died he moved to 'Bowles Yard and lived with his daughter Ester who was a dressmaker and his grand daughter Eliz. Beckwith who was a Silk Winder at Bocking Mill.
Ben still worked at the Silk Factory until he died. He left £300 in his will.
- Sophie Eve - born 1826. She married in 1845
- George Eve (36) - born 1827.
- Mary Ann Eve - born 1829
- Hannah Eve - born 1832. She married in 1858
- Ben Eve (37) - born 1834
- John Eve - born 1837. Nothing else known after 1851.
- James Eve (38) - born 1840
- Ester Jemima Eve - born 1844. She married in 1872
- Emma Eve - born 1846. She died in 1864
28. Charles Eve
He was born in 1802 in Coggeshall. He died there in
1860. He married Amelia Francis in 1827. She died aged 44 in 1847. Both at Coggeshall They had the following children.
Charles lived in Little Coggeshall Hamlet with his daughter
and son in law, and Ester who was a Velvet Weaver, Eliza at 14 a Tambour Worker, and Emily at 12 a Silk Factory Worker.
- Charles Eve - born 1829. He died in 1833.
- Susan Eve - born 1832. She married 1850 to Joseph saddler in Coggeshall
- Ester Eve - born 1835
- Elizabeth Eve - born 1836
- Emily Eve - born 1839
- Harriet Eve - born 1841
29. Abraham Eve
He was born in 1805 in Coggeshall. He died there in 1871. He married Katherine, then Elizabeth Rose in 1832 Coggeshall.
They had the following children born in Coggeshall:
Abraham was always an Ag. Lab, but his daughter Eliza worked in the Silk Factory as a Tambour Worker ,and the two sons worked there also in 1851. By 1861 Eliza was still a Tambour Worker, Charles was an Ag. Lab. like his father and William was a Silk Velvet Worker. Arthur was a milk boy.
- Elizabeth Eve born 1834
- Charles Eve (39) born 1837
- William Eve (40) - born 1 839
- Henry Eve - born 1842. He died in 1852
- Arthur Eve (41) - born 1 845